Research & Resources:
This website will also be the place where interested individuals and families can find useful resources such as research articles and expert opinions on a wide range of issues about birth parents search, identity formation, and international adoption. We will invite experts and scholars to routinely contribute to the website. We will also invite experts to offer free webinars.
For the time being, four articles about birth parents search authored by Dr. Changfu Chang are posted. The following four articles explore identity formation from different perspectives.
- “Identity Formation of Transracial and Transnational Adoptees” offers a historical and comparative analysis of the experience
- “Key Issues Concerning Identity of Chinese Adoptees” places issues and concerns in specific cultural contexts, exploring alternative possibilities and interpretations.
- “Thoughts on the Search for the Birth Parents” analyzes situations of Chinese birth parents, discusses Chinese policies and politics, and offers strategies for the birth parents search.
- “Dr. Changfu Chang’s Viewpoint” shares his thoughts on the media portrayal of international adoption and its impact on identity formation.
- “To Search, or Not to Search, That Is a Question” shares his thoughts on the need to search for birth parents.